Thursday, April 5, 2012

Salmon Fishing in Yemen - Movie Review




I loved this movie. Would have given it a 5 (must see) but talked to a number of people who didn't like it. "Too slow" "not believable". So I will reluctantly give in a 4/5.
Yes the pace is slower than many of our too fast (IMO) movies. And what is believable about the majority of movies in theaters today?
.
I liked the chemisty between the 3 main characters, the Shiek, the PhD of "Fishes" and the coordinator of the project to lead salmon fishing in the desert of Yemen, an unlikely project.
Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor are great as doubters who in faith believe in the Shiek's, Amr Waked, strange project. Kristen Scott plays the tough press manger for the prime minister who aims to make this project a positive to all the negative of Afghanistan in the press.

I liked the scenery of Scotland and Yemen. In fact I liked everything about this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment