Sunday, September 13, 2009

2 movies and 2 actors

Friday I took Me, Myself and I to the movie
Inglorious Bastards. I knew no one in my crowd
would go with me.
Loved it! 4****

One of the reason that I liked it was that when it was French speakers or German speakers they actually used German Actors. Who also spoke French. Then it was subtitled in English. None of the Hollywood actors attempting a foreign language or having the dialogue in English which is so common.

Then yesterday I watched a French film from Netflix; 2005 Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas)
Inspired by the true story in WWI 1914 when the Scots, the French and the Germans fraternized on Christmas Eve. Very Good! 3***.

Two excellent actors were in both films.
Diane Kruger and Daniel Bruhl. Both from Germany and had significant roles in both films.
Kudos to Tarantino for finding and using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment