Sunday, August 9, 2009

Radio on the Road

Both my husband and I are confirmed Public Radio listeners. At home or in the car the radio is tuned to KJZZ or KUAT.

On the road however, public radio station are very few and far between.

So what do you get:
Christian stations; "Not that there is anything wrong with that" but it is just not us.
Country Western; This seem to be the most frequent type of small town station. And have you ever noticed that Country Western is the only popular genre today that has both lyrics and melody?
How can you beat lyrics like: "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy" or "I would love you even if all your hair fell out".

And then their is A.M. talk radio. This is really SCARY. What are they thinking? It is loud and angry and beyond belief. When coming across one of these stations, my first impulse is to laugh - but then it horrifies me that people out in rural America actually believe this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment