Sunday, August 21, 2011

Two movie reviews - One Excellent & one awful



Two movies - One excellent and one awful.


"Poetry" - a film from South Korean, recently getting a good reputation for quality films.

This is the second S. Korean film that I have seen. And they had a lot in common.

"Mother" and "Poetry" both star older female actors. In "Mother", a mother tries to prove that her retarded son is not guilty of a tragic murder/accident. In "Poetry" a Grandmother tries to sort out a tragedy in the community in which her grandson has been accused of being involved. I liked both very much. Probably "Poetry" the better.

"Mother" on DVD now and "Poetry" was at the Loft should be on DVD soon. I recommend

both.


I really enjoyed Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris". After seeing it I put "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger" at the top of my rental list. What a bad movie. And a waste of a great cast. Click on the poster to see whose talent was wasted on this nauseating script. IMO the actors over acted as if trying to make the script palatable. Don't bother.


No comments:

Post a Comment