Friday, January 13, 2012

Movies - 2011



Entertainment Weekly lists 25 movies that one should see before the Oscars. Of these I have seen 15 and 5 have not come to Tucson; three this week and two in the future. I may be losing my status as Movie Critic for Olli and friends. Four of the movies that were highly recommended - Hugo, Melancholia and Martha, Mary, Marcy and Marlene and The Help were thumbs down for me. Some that I liked very much-Drive, Tower Heist and Bridesmaids were not for everyone.
Two that I am looking forward to seeing are Albert Nobbs and Artist. I think I will skip The Iron Lady. Although I was not a fan of Margaret Thatcher, from what I have read, the screen play does not do justice to either her or Meryl Streep. I think my personal favorite was My Week with Marilyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment