Friday, January 27, 2012

The saga of Pete the stray.

"Pete" followed us home on our walk this morning. Seemed to like hanging out with Buddy. But knowing we couldn't keep him, I got him in the car and took him to the GV Animal League at 9:00 a.m. Lots of people there, walking and taking care of the shelter dogs. Although "Pete" got along well with Buddy and the neighborhood dogs we encountered as he followed us, he did not feel friendly toward the walking shelter dogs. I was told they could not do anything for me and "Pete" until 10:00 a.m.. Well he would not get back into the car. No way! So we hung out till they officially opened. A woman came out and said "We can not take him. We have no room".
That became a "face off" between me explaining I couldn't take the dog and they saying that they couldn't take the dog. Both of us agreed that releasing the dog back out to 'whatever' was not the thing to do. After a time they agreed to take the dog and I donated $40 in cash.
It is a sad story all around when people get puppies and can't take care of them. IMO the ONLY way to get a pet is to go to a shelter and adopt one. What will happen to "Pete"; a young not neutered pit bull. Beautiful and loving. He nearly licked me to to death. We will cross our paws that he finds a home.

PEOPLE! WE NEED TO SPAY AND NEUTER AND TAKE CARE OF OUR PETS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment