Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Moral Responsibility on the Editorial page

My thoughts while reading the Az Star and GV Editorial pages on June 30th.

* We are morally responsible for the education of our children.

 Fitzsimmons' cartoon of education being impaled by the republican state legislature "first thing we have to do is give corporations and the rich a tax break"

*We are morally responsible to provide access to affordable health care to all Americans. 

Mark Shields case to be made to congressional critics "If you don't like 'government run ' health care plans, why are you letting the taxpayers provide you and your family with one that's gold-plated?"

* We are morally responsible to take care of the planet. 

Paul Krugman "Is it fair to call climate denial a form of treason? Yes-and that's why it is unforgivable"

* "Unalienable rights include homemade potato salad" Garrison Keillor.

I do my best to support this, however I do not make potato salad. But I love my friends' Mary Ellen and Mariannas and sister Marys potato salad.

photo of Chuhuly glass sculpture. Phoenix Botanical garden May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment