Friday, July 10, 2009

UMC Radiation Oncology Team

This is my team. I met them this morning when I went in with my balloon in place.
First I had a CT scan simulation. After the MD inserted contrast media into the balloon I went into the CT scanner to define exact location and size of treatment area.

From there we, the team, Ralph and I, went to another area for "Port Films" where the 5 ports of the balloon were measured and xrays taken to assure placement in the breast cavity. The size of the balloon is 50 cc's. For those of you not familiar with cc's, this is just short of two shots of your favorite______
More on the balloon and its function on tomorrows blog.

Team: On either side -radiation therapists. The blond in the back actually runs the machine, the two tall gentlemen are Medical physicists. The gal in the black shirt in the front is a VIP; a Very Important Person. She is a Dosimetrist. She calculates dose, energy and treatment fields.

After my studies, Ralph and I went to Mimis. These trips are very bad on my diet. While we were doing this, MY TEAM gets together and confers, looking at all the data and plans out the treatment program.

to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment