Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reading Dilema

Is it a dilemma? excitement? challenge? frustration?
You have finished a really great book and are asking yourself "What do I read now?"


Into the Beautiful North, a novel by Luis Alberto Urrea.
A delightful and well written book about a rag tag group of young people who travel from their village in Sinaloa, Mex. to find Seven Samuri to come back and fight the drug cartels. This is a great look at why and how people cross the border illegally. Wonderful characters and story.




So now what do I read in the heat of Arizona-not a beach read. Barbara Kingsolver's Lacuna? Read reviews and it seems heavy and too complex for right now.


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - seems to be on everyones list of summer reads. BUT I just
saw the movie.




Perhaps I should read something more cerebral. Like Justice: What's the right thing to do?




















Awe! What the heck. I think I will just pick up my latest Vanity Fair.
Thank you Bev.

No comments:

Post a Comment