Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Surgery

At the University, parking and wandering around construction, we find Ambulatory surgery. An oxymoron, in my mind. I don't think one is ambulatory during surgery. "Outpatient" seems more descriptive.

Very nice people greet you and take turns seeing you through the various stages. This is Karen my preop. R.N.

And OMG, I am my mother! My mother was a nurse anesthetist so as a child I was accustomed to seeing her in surgical garb. And I look just like her here.

Two hours later I woke up in the care of a male
nurse, Kim. He and his wife are both R.N.'s that work in the Ambulatory Care Center.  They are refugees from Katrina. Lost everything in the hurricane. 

All in all it was a positive experience.  Everyone took good care of both Ralph and me.
Home with Buddy by mid afternoon and took a long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment