Monday, February 14, 2011

The Heart of the Matter



For centuries the heart was the center of the soul, the life, the passion of an individual.
Even after science has found that the heart is simply a pump and that the brain is the center of consciousness and all emotion. I think that I understand why we continue to have the heart the center of love and passion. I had a broken heart once. Only once so I guess I can consider myself lucky. But I remember it to this day. The pain was physical; even more so that emotional. Along with the tears was the searing pain in the center of the left chest -precisely in the heart.
A broken heart was the best description. I recovered. I may have forgotten the person but not the pain.

But life goes on and I still have a passion for the life I have. And I think that centers in my heart also even though it starts in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment